Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, April 15, 2013

A Letter To The Editor 4-15-13

Joe,

I was pleased to shake your hand today. Seemed fortuitous since I was browsing the aisles, thinking about why you are not the new mayor of SBY, seriously.

And I think it's the same, or similar, reason that Obama was re-elected. Most of the public just doesn't vote. Why not? And for the rest that DO vote, they vote for for free stuff. Why?

I think it's the growing SCARCITY MENTALITY. What I mean is that everyone believes that the world is a zero sum economy.... that they can't get more without taking.

What I see from you, Joe, and what I believe myself, is that wealth can be created. ABUNDANCE is there for those willing to work for it. Some accused you of wanting to improve downtown so your property values would increase. I said, "SO WHAT." If the entire downtown improved and you had some benefit from that, why is that a problem?

It begs the question... "What is the solution now." I don't know. I'm not a leader, but I think I am a good example. I seek to be the change I want in the world. That's what I feel I have control over.

Your opponent based his campaign on negativity and you did the opposite. What you did is less effective, but I noticed.

I will not be a passive observer. I will not be a fence sitter. I know what's right. I know what's good.

Thank you again for all your efforts. I am offering to help if you call, in however I may be useful. I will shovel sidewalks. I will deliver meals.

Call on your viewers to help, and not just be informed. I think you will be surprised.

Peace to you and your family.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's right----You were the much "bigger man" in this election by not showing negativity as Ireton did & had done the entire campaign!

I still can not figure out why in the
world this City would want another term served by someone who throws temper tantrums, acts like a child & is going to waste money like they've not seen before! The people who voted for ---ask for it---they're going to get it too!

Anonymous said...

10:41
Joe mentioned that new dirty 4 letter word JOBS. Seems most don't want to hear that word.

Anonymous said...

If this is a real letter, why not post the name of the author?

JoeAlbero said...

Because people like JT or Ireton will target and retaliate against those people. This has always been our policy.

Anonymous said...

glad i don't live in SBY. Didn't take ye new / old mayor to jack the taxes up now did it? The voters get what they deserve.

Unknown said...

It is a real letter. I wrote it. I'm not scared of JT or Ireton.