Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

GOVERNMENT STIMULUS - CHICAGO STYLE

Three contractors are bidding to fix a broken fence at the White House. One is from Chicago, another is from Tennessee, and the third is from Minnesota.

All three go with a White House official to examine the fence.
The Minnesota contractor takes out a tape measure and does some measuring, then works some figures with a pencil. “Well,” he says, “I figure the job will run about $900: $400 for materials, $400 for my crew and $100 profit for me.”

The Tennessee contractor also does some measuring and figuring, and then says, “I can do this job for $700: $300 for materials, $300 for my crew and $100 profit for me.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hit the nail right on the head