Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Could Some of Our Favorite Flavorings Be Damaging Our DNA?

Plants are all-natural sources of all things good for us, right? It turns out some of our favorite plant-based flavorings may do more harm than good.
Scientists from Johns Hopkins Kimmel Cancer Center report in the journal Food and Chemical Toxicology that teas, coffees and “smoky flavoring” could be damaging our DNA at levels comparable to that caused by chemotherapy drugs.


Read more

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't care about damaging my DNA.I just want to alter it a bit.A couple of legal issues would dissapear if I could change my DNA.

Anonymous said...

Coffee and tea? Give me a break. I think if they try hard enough they will find that breathing air and drinking water will kill you. I think I'll take my chances. As if there is not some real pressing problems these so called scientists could be spending their time on.