Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, January 21, 2013

Salisbury Campaign Vandalism Starts Early

Home Before Yard Signs Stolen
SALISBURY, MD - One week has not passed since the filing deadline for the upcoming Salisbury city elections and campaign vandalism has already begun.  Mayoral candidate Joe Albero has reported yard signs are already missing from supporters' yards.
According to Albero, "We had just put five signs up at the corner of Camden Avenue and South Blvd. on Tuesday.  When I was out visiting voters on Saturday morning, I noticed that they were missing.  I also received calls from some supporters Saturday that their signs were missing.  I guess some of my opponent's friends didn't have anything better to do on a Friday night."
Home After Yard Signs Stolen
Yard signs are an expensive component of local elections like Salisbury's.  Albero says that his campaign has invested several thousand dollars in yard signs to date:


"Yard signs are one component in getting my name out in the city's neighborhoods.  The reception I've received so far while knocking on doors and introducing myself to voters has been both encouraging and humbling.  It's a shame that my opponent's supporters have to resort to these types of tactics.  Unfortunately for Jim, when you don't have much of a record to run on, actions like this shouldn't be surprising.

Albero faces incumbent mayor Jim Ireton in the General Election on April 2nd.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let someone try to steal my sign!

Anonymous said...

These thieves are paid by educated people in Iretons corner.What a bad idea to have him win.

Anonymous said...

I will exorcize my 2nd amendment right to protect my signs.

Anonymous said...

Why couldn't they use the same angle in each photo?

Anonymous said...

When will you activate the GPS RFID chips in the sign's?
I'm sure their in Jimbo's basrment!

Anonymous said...

motion cameras will give you information you need .

Anonymous said...

Shows Ireton is still a hack with the mentality of a ten year old.

G. A. Harrison said...

0857 - The reason the photos look different is because they were taken by two different people with two different cameras.

Joe took the "Before" picture Tuesday when he put the signs up. I took the second photo (w/ my cell phone) on Saturday. Believe it or not, the angles are pretty close; but that was just coincidental. It's just that the zoom was very different.

The small difference in angle can be seen by the tree partially hiding the front door in the picture I took Saturday.

Anonymous said...

10:09 AM

Ok, thanks for the explanation. I wasn't questioning the validity of the claim. It would just have been easier to compare the two if they were the same shot.

I accept what you say to be true.

G. A. Harrison said...

1033 -

It's not a problem. You asked a valid question and I thought you deserved an answer.

Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Is that anything like an exorcist?