Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Illinois Worst Rated State

S&P has downgraded Illinois to A- with a negative outlook after the state's legislature failed to take meaningful action on reforming municipal pension woes, the Chicago Sun-Times reports.

At A-, Illinois now has the distinction of having the lowest credit rating among all states, surpassing California.

Here's the ranking as of last July, via Pew:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Obama helped make Illinois go broke and now he's doing the same to our Country.

Anonymous said...

I can sum Illinois up with two words:

Democrats

Unions

Anonymous said...

I left Illinois 25 years ago, my home state. Too bad I wound up in Maryland... I need a new state. Kentucky or Tennessee look good.

Anonymous said...

That explains why the last time I drove through Illinois my car kept pulling to the left.As soon as I got out of Illinois it was fine.