Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, January 28, 2013

Businesses Pass On Credit Card Surcharges To Customers

WASHINGTON - Starting Sunday, it's possible to see a surcharge on merchandise purchased with a credit card.

The new surcharge fee, which ranges from 1.5 to 4 percent of the total purchase, is to make up for what businesses pay in credit card fees.

Adam Levin of credit.com doesn't expect to see many businesses implement the surcharge right away.

More 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This fee is part of the cost of doing business.. for having the convenience of being able to take credit cards.
A wise businessman will eat the charge.
If he tries to add a surcharge on my bill, I'll leave the merchandise on his counter and walk out.

Anonymous said...

Don't use credit cards.

Bullard Construction said...

I am a business and accept credit cards. The percentage of customers who use them per year costs me about $100. Small price for me to pay for keeping my customers happy! I will not charge my customers for this service, because SERVICE is my business!