Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, December 14, 2012

MARINE DOUBLE AMPUTEE ‘HUMILIATED’ TO POINT OF TEARS ON DELTA FLIGHT GETS HELPING HAND FROM FELLOW VETS

“I have been flying with Delta for a gazillion years and this crew treated Chris worse than you’d treat any thing, not even any body.” That was the opening line of retired Army Lt. Col. Keith Gafford, during a phone interview about the egregious treatment on Delta Airlines of fellow veteran, Marine Lance Cpl. Christian Brown, who is now a double amputee following severe injuries acquired while serving in Afghanistan.

“I did 27 years in the military. I have seen a lot of things and have seen a lot of guys die, but I have never seen a Marine cry,” added Gafford. “What the kid said was, ‘I have given everything that I can give and this is the way I am being treated? This is how I will be treated for the rest of my life?’”


Gafford’s stern words came in defense of Brown, who just last Sunday was “humiliated” to the point of tears during a Delta flight from Atlanta to Washington. According to the Washington Post, the Marine was treated disrespectfully and clumsily when he was wheeled to the very back of the plane.

More 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Every last attendant needs to be fired.

Anonymous said...

disgusting behavior by delta. shame on them.

Anonymous said...

We stopped flying on Delta years ago -- it's the worst.