Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Giving Credit Where Credit Is Due

I stand corrected from my earlier article. I was just informed the Daily Times DID in fact publish an article today stating Salisbury City Employees are in fact paid 7% more than other municipalities.

"The city hasn’t conducted an extensive salary survey since April 2005. The 42-slide PowerPoint report by the Reisterstown-based management consultant The Singer Group showed that staff salaries averaged 7 percent above median market rate. The exception was the police department, which was 18 percent below market average".

That being said, I owe Jeremy Cox my sincere apology and hope he can forgive me for my error. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe with the current administration the city could bring 5 million more dollars a year and still be broke.

Anonymous said...

That's why I come to SBYNews. Joe will man up and admit a mistake. Yathink the DT would ever do the came?


BTW, Salaries have stayed flat or gone down since 2007, so City of Salisbury employees, don't EVEN think about it.