Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Sunday, June 24, 2012

A Letter To The Editor 6-24-12

Hey Mr. Albero,

I've been away for a week and upon my return I nearly needed paramedics to revive me after reading about all of the nonsense that is going on down in Salisbury! I know its probably not funny as you're caught in the middle of it, but its all so ridiculous. You seem to be the only one who is acting like a sane person. Are you sure you want to run for mayor of that circus?? Either way ... The more this story evolves, the more it proves that you've been pretty spot on about the city, the Daily Times and all the fruitcakes in between.

On a lighter note, I was in OC a few weekends ago for the air show and saw a few Albero for Mayor tshirts in the crowd which was pretty cool, and even wore mine for a night on the boards! Keep up the good fight!

Publisher's Notes: This is one of many letters I have received in support of the recent issues taken place last week. While we have reported on recent turn overs at the Daily Times, you cannot dismiss the thought of this alleged "spoof" phone call. Could the Mayor himself made a call from Carmean's phone as a pre planned spoof? What I can tell you and what I have always stood firm ground on was, I spoke to Jim Ireton for 7:38 seconds that Saturday night. Remember, I'm NOT the only one who identified the Mayor's voice that evening when I received the call.

A local Judge stated years ago in the Chief Webster case that Joe Albero IS Main Stream Media. He went on to say I was not protected by the Shield Law because I hadn't taken an income from Salisbury News. That has since changed and I made very sure I took what was necessary to protect myself from ever having to reveal my sources. That is what the Shield Law is for. That being said, My rights and Your rights have absolutely 100% been violated. When our Mayor and public officials abuse their power every time one of us disagrees with them, we no longer live in a free society. This is the kind of crap you'd see in Moscow!

That being said, I have told you I do not visit ANY of the other local Blogs but I do get word from time to time what is being said. That being said I'm reaching out to those Blog Owners to THINK about ANY posts they may consider publishing disagreeing with my stance on this matter. I do so openly because their rights are also being violated and that goes for the entire Main Stream Media outlets as well.

I take what I do very seriously. I have been surrounded in the past by MD State Police, Salisbury City Police, Wicomico Sheriff's Deputies, WBI, the States Attorney and Sheriff Mike Lewis all at one time demanding I turn over information leaked to me, I refused. As much as I respected Mike Lewis at the time, I refused to turn over that information. Just because one of their own had allegedly forwarded me information, that was their problem, not mine. A source is a source and there was NO proof the information I had received came from a Police Officer. Ultimately they found it did not come from a Police Officer. I'll add, I was surrounded by ALL of these law enforcment officers and leaders at an event whereas one of our local soldiers were returning from overseas and they knew I'd be at the airport. They were NOT there to receive and welcome that soldier.

I/We should not stand for this kind of abuse from our local leaders. YOU, (and I mean ALL forms of media) should stand by my side 100% on this matter as you too can end up as a victim. Once the Police/Mayor start violating your rights, WE as Media are done.

All that being said, thank you for your continued support. Remember the MAIN thing here, I am a VICTIM of this whole thing. I didn't cause it and it could have ALL been resolved with a simple phone call or text message a few Sunday's ago from the Mayor saying he was OK. His choice to NOT respond speaks volumes. No matter our political differences, Mayor Ireton has never not returned a phone call or text from me. Not being allowed to access the recent Press Conference, even as a victim also speaks volumes. That should tell you enough about this matter.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did Jim or the Mayor's Office invite you to this event?

-----

Jim Ireton
Come join me downtown this weekend and come to some great ribbon cuttings!

Dedication of the SALISBURY FIRE BOAT - Saturday 10:00 AM Salisbury Marina

Anonymous said...

8:59 PM

Your point?

Anonymous said...

Since Bassett has already cleared some of the dead wood off the alley, now it's time he gets called to the office for his walking papers.

Keep their feet to the fire Joe

Anonymous said...

Anonymous Anonymous said...

8:59 PM

Your point?

June 24, 2012 10:19 PM

If you don't get it then don't ask!

Anonymous said...

10:19 pm sounds like someone who supports wasting tax dollars on a $1 million fire boat.

Anonymous said...

Shame on Jim Ireton for using a million dollar tax waste as a photo opportunity.

Anonymous said...

Corrupt-----As I alway thought! Thanks for bring "them' to the front.

Anonymous said...

Make sure to get pictures of Ireton at that fire boat dedication. We can use it to show waste of taxpayer money come election time!

Anonymous said...


There is some validity but I’ll take maintain opinion till I look into it further.