Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Sunday, June 24, 2012

I'm Looking For Someone Who Has A History Of Raising Animals


Yesterday I had noticed a cat that had been dropped off on our property recently much thinner than it had been when I saw it last weekend. Since she was so thin to start with we wondered if she was pregnant, now we know.

Yesterday after seeing her I knew I'd have to start searching for where she might be raising them. It didn't take long before I heard the little squeals from kittens. When I raised the car cover, there they were all bundled together. However, the mother was nowhere around and the kittens were extremely cold to the touch.

I picked them up and brought them inside and cut off the umbilical cord to each one of them. I started them on a bottle and formula but let's be real, these guys will need some serious attention so I'm reaching out to our viewers for someone who might be able to assist. I did call some of my contacts from the Humane Society but they said they couldn't think of anyone who could help me.

I'm a sucker for the underdog. Many people said last night they seriously doubted these little guys would make it, (from past history) but I like those kind of odds. They need to be fed every 2 or 3 hours and while I can do it, I know there's someone out there with that special touch that could enjoy the wonders of raising such babies.

The mother has completely abandoned them and they need a new mommy. Even if you have someone who's recently had a litter that might adopt these little guys, that would be great.

If you or someone you know would be interested in giving it a shot, give me a call at 410-430-5349 or send me an e-mail at alberobutzo@wmconnect.com.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww Joe. How sweet this is. I wish I had a mama that could help these little angels out. I'm sure someone out there has a cat that surely adopt these poor little things. In the meantime, keep them warm and fed. You and your family will make great stand in moms until you can find them some help. Keep us posted.

Anonymous said...

Awww God bless you for being such a caring individual. Good luck in your search and I hope everything works out for you and the kittens : ) Nice to see feel good stories

Anonymous said...

The Delmarva Cat Connection are great people. They're on the net and usually at PetSmart on the weekends.

Anonymous said...

Not only do they need to be fed every 2 hours, but you must help them pee/poo after feeding by wiping their bottoms with a warm, damp cloth. Usually their mothers do this, but without a mom to clean them, it has to be done or they will not evacuate their waste.

Anonymous said...

1227, That sold me! now I want them ALL!...not!

Anonymous said...

Think the Del Mar Va cat connection is a good source to contact.

I do not know but you have got to be a good person by doing this!!!!!

Any other Rescues out there that can offer this man some help????
Please!!

Anonymous said...

I've seen Ma Ma dogs raise kittens too.
Anyone out there got a dog with puppies that can help?

Cathy said...

how are the babies doin, joe?