Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, May 05, 2012

Con Artists Working In Salisbury

Dear Mr. Albero,

I just wanted to let your readers know that there is a pair of con artists working in Salisbury. It is a white couple with a baby or children in the backseat of a small sedan. They ask for gas money to get home with their sick baby. The couple has been seen at Petsmart and in front of the Regal Cinema. They have scammed at least four other people I know out of money. If you see them, get their tag numbers and report them. Save your money for people who really need it.

Thanks for all you do for the community with your blog.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

A couple just like this tried scamming me last year. To get them to move on, do what I did, scream at them real loud, cause a scene. Scammers don't like and run

Anonymous said...

I'm glad this comment is anonymous because I might have done a dumb thing.Late last year the same couple (I think) apprached me at the north end WAWA.They said they needed money for gas to get home.Since their car was sitting at the pump next to mine I put $20 worth of gas in their car.I'll admit they appeared shocked and probably expected me to give them money instead.I at least felt good about it.

Anonymous said...

There's a guy up in Lewes DE near the WaWa and across Rt 1 at the McDonald's who does this same thing. He even carries a gas can as a prop.

Anonymous said...

Funny thing is they approached my mom and she gave the lady some money for gas... Later that evening both of my parents were in walmart and the same lady approached my dad with the same story about that time my mom came up to her and said you gave me the exact same story today when I helped you she walked off I can't believe the nerve of some people....

Anonymous said...

It happened to me at the Shell,old man in an old green chevy pickup said he didnt have gas money to get home,so I gave him 20.00,he was at the pump next to mine.

msl said...

hey heres an idea just tell em no easy as that let em ask i have no problem saying no

Anonymous said...

Did the truck at the Shell station have Delaware tags. I saw a similar old Chevy green pickup at Sam's Club last week asking for gas money to get home and he didn't know this was members only. I told him I didn't have any cash on me. I said "you know you can only use credit here right?" He sped off towards WaWa.

Anonymous said...

I have gotten very cold and when I am asked if I have change I will say yes I do thanks for asking. Keep the post of the cons up it will make it harder for them to work in this town
Thanks

Anonymous said...

Must be Democrats just carrying out the master plan - make us all beggers.