Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, April 23, 2012

You Know Its Bad Downtown When Anne Taylor Packs Up And Leaves

As the above 6:00 PM Post states in detail, we just can't take it any more. Two Deli's have closed their doors and yes, while some other businesses have relocated to the Plaza, many are encouraged to do so at reduced rates because there just isn't any real traffic to support even the small Deli's that had struggled for some time to stay afloat. Another restaurant close their doors on the Plaza not that long ago too. You see, it's only a matter of time before people just give up. Anne Taylor from Parker Place, (who actually OWNS her building) chose to close her doors and relocate to an area where she knows there's traffic. Anne painfully stuck around dedicating quite a few years as the positive spokesperson for Downtown, but no more. People, I'm telling you, it's that bad around here. Ghost Towns are popping up. Many are foreclosing on their homes. People cannot sell to get out and are now better off just giving their homes and properties back to the Bank. It's actually cheaper to do so. To the liberals who's comments I rejected in my 6:00 PM Post, you claimed I'm bitching because I made a bad investment and I'm about to lose money. Well, you're WRONG. Unlike you pansy asses who suck off us real taxpayers, I CAN afford to take a loss. In fact, out of spite I'll guarantee you I will take a loss soas I don't have to pay any capitol gains taxes and YOU a-holes will eventually get stuck with my loss. So, back at ya, Idiot. I'm angry because good innocent people who have been suckered in, (like my In Laws) and have kept their investments in near perfect condition will lose a LOT of money because liberals have no clue how to run a business/town and obviously have no clue how to run government either. Mind you, I'm not saying republicans these days can do much better but one thing I'll give them, at least they care. Keep writing those parking tickets Pimp Ireton and watch just how many more businesses close their doors because you keep driving people away from Downtown. ALL parking should be FREE, period. Especially for us property owners who pay massive taxes Downtown. If you want to see the Downtown area grow you must provide free parking everywhere. For those of you who say the employees will take up all those spaces, shame them into not parking there. Get the Chamber of Commerce involved and make a mutual agreement those employees won't park in current metered locations/spaces. Show me a place where I can park for free and walk a little ways I'd be cool with that. Just make a choice. Either Downtown becomes a Ghost Town or you rebuild it with free parking. It's your call.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

She moved to the corner of Main and Snow Hill Road didn't she? At least people won't have to pay for parking!

Anonymous said...

Way to be Joe.its that butt hole here.why dont you put the whole comment up .I told you to quit talking and do something about it.crap or get off the pot.point was all these people who have the ability and means to change salisbury should just do the Damn thing.I'm so tired of every one including you complain.you know and I know you are one of the best candidates.as I'm sure most of the shore as well.but thanks for the calling me an a** hole.maybe you'll be fired up enough to act instead of bark.

JoeAlbero said...

Dear Butthole, I have invested over $450,000.00 down here to make a difference, how about you? I have asked, (for at least 5 years) for some kind of trash pickup with two Mayor's and at least two or three council's. I brought Eric Ludwig, (the Barber) down here and because of the advertising on Salisbury News he has done extremely well. I've paid my price and I've done everything I can possibly do, including a Blog that takes up 16 hours a day for this community. Now, do tell me what else you'd like to see me do. I have walked the walk while you anonymously talk the talk.

Anonymous said...

I go downtown on Thursday's to the Opportunity Shop. There has to be a reason to go and that's about all that's there except for the library.

Anonymous said...

Even Walmart and the Mall makes their employees park way out at the perimeter, and any decent employee understands how to provide for the customer who provides for him! SHEESH! Ireton will NEVER get a clue.

Anonymous said...

Joe.run for mayor.the question isn't what you've done.its what you haven't.while I maybe an anonymous jerk who hasn't done squat for the comunity....wich is crap as i am a volunteer fire fighter and emt,coach little league and pop warner football,Christian street ministries,and that's just a start of my contributions to our community that I fulfill in my spare time ,I can't afford to politic and campaign like yourself.my contributions are at no expense to me or very little.you on the other hand have the means financially and the know how to run this city as it needs to be.
Making a differnce doesn't always bringing money to the table.and as much as I love your site.....everyone in the world can read it.it just won't make a pile of pop if no one stands up and physically does something.
The butthole

Anonymous said...

It is a little-known fact that when Benjamin's & Hess were downtown the asst mgrs constantly checked to see if employees were using meters close to the stores. It was a "conditional agreement of employment" (legal or not). Employees who continually violated this condition were terminated for various reasons.

Anonymous said...

Anyone remember Downtown in 1959 -60 ? That's what we need now. - HOW - You got me, but that's the way it was.....

Anonymous said...

Joe you keep talking taxes, well don't feel alone, it is not just Comrad Ireton, the county has the same issues with Comrad Piolet. I have asked for many years were is the money (tax) going with no real answer. I moved to Delaware and still pay Maryland taxes but wow what a difference. My property taxes in Delaware are 540.00, in Wicomico they were 1600.00 and there is still no "Infrastructure" in the county or city to justify what we are paying. I see no real accountability in the city or county.