Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, April 23, 2012

Pork In The Park Was A Huge Success

I apologize for the delay in Posts over the past few days. I had a medical emergency in the Family and have been back and forth to the Hospital. That being said, I missed the ribbon cutting at Pork in the Park but I did find some time on Saturday to slip away and get a few shots. I was amazed at just how large the event was this year. However, I was disappointed they chose to use the gravel parking lot to expand into and allow me to explain why. If you weren't wearing the proper shoes, (women) you weren't going to make it through that area without breaking a leg. Parents pushing strollers, fagetaboutit! That was almost cruel to watch. The elderly were having a difficult time as well, so I highly recommend they make some changes next year. I have always had an issue eating the not so up to par bbq sold there by vendors. It would be nice to get food from those in the actual contest but it is what it is. Nevertheless, I was blown away by Paul's Legacy's Booth and the pulled pork they served. I'm sure many of you got a taste of their samples they were giving out and quite frankly it was to die for! My hat is tipped to Wicomico County for building this event to the level they have achieved. Great bands and family entertainment. I refused to head up there on Sunday and wondered, did they pack up and leave after all that rain?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

And no trophies necessary!

Anonymous said...

I went to the "Back" this time, as i had always filled my belly with mediocre at best BBQ from the front gate vendor with the longest line and had been disappointed in years past. When one must eat the full $7-$8 deal at one stand, it really is a guess in the wind. I would rather see a $20.00 ticket or whatever that allows tastings from compeitors and vendors alike to sample all the different entries! That way, it's an all u can eat all day and isn't that what's all about? Once I ate the $7 deal, I was too ful to go on!

Thank you to I think it was ":Little red pig" on the back row for a "Fulfilling" afternoon! That pork ROCKED! YUM!

Anonymous said...

What A great idea 6:45
They should sell tickets for the full tour and let the public have a score card in addition to the KCBS judges scores.
I'll bet they had more food left over than what the public ate.
And why did they have carnival food at a BBQ festaval? those guys made NO MONEY at all I feel bad for them

Anonymous said...

Wheres the BEEF?