Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, April 30, 2012

Rick Konrad To Join Wicomico County As Head Of Purchasing

Rick Konrad

As my two weeks closed out at my new position I decided that it was not a good fit for me and an opportunity presented itself to return to Wicomico County as the Head of Purchasing. I have seven years in with the County already (2003-2010) and will be “coming home” to work with my former colleagues and friends.Although I am sorry my opportunity in Delaware did not work out, I now get to remain i...n Salisbury, Maryland (my adopted home) and a place that I love to live, and be part of the solution to the County’s current difficult circumstances.Life takes some odd turns sometimes and I may never have had the chance to return to the organization I love unless I made the move to Delaware. This is truly a case in which in the end fate has had a hand and in which I have followed my heart. There will be some bad press over this but I know that in the end one has to take the path that God leads them on and look out for their family and themselves first and foremost. Worrying about what some writer or blogger says means very little to me and I am ever thankful to my family and friends for their support and love.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

More proof Pollitt is an idiot to hire this one.

Anonymous said...

Can't believe the county hired this clown. Over the last few years, he has gone from Wicomico to Norfolk to Fruitland to Ocean View and now back to the County. Look at the inconvenience it has caused for Fruitland who has to go through a whole hiring process not even two years later and Ocean View that just went through it and has to start over. Why would you want somebody like that? Oh well, hope they started him at the bottom of the payscale to save money from the retirement incentives.

Anonymous said...

At least the man had the guts to offer an explanation with his name attached to it.

Anonymous said...

Rick said...

At least the man had the guts to offer an explanation with his name attached to it.

April 30, 2012 12:05 PM

Anonymous said...

Thanks for checking in Rick.

Anonymous said...

The problem with Rick Konrad that he's not as important as he believes he is or as smart. His first love is the Elks. Just ask his ex-fiance.

Anonymous said...

From what I heard, he never even applied. You can thank Gary Mackes for this.

Anonymous said...

Gary, when you have needed help I've been there for free. I would do anything for you. As I saw it, it was to help the county. When people badmouth you about some of your decisions I always supported you. Over the past four years you have had to get rid of some hard working people due to the budget. Konrad was one of those people which is why he went to Va. If Ray Carey had minded his own business maybe he would of stayed down there. If it's true that you are the reason Konrad has returned to Wicomico as a paid employee I hope he's worth every penny. If it's true, you just lost my respect and FREE help. Would Konrad ever do anything for FREE? No! Some of those who you had to get rid of would of been much better. Much much better! Gary's gain is Wicomico's loss.

Anonymous said...

Why did he leave the city of Fruitland?

Anonymous said...

My guess is Konrad wised up real quick to who was actually in charge in Ocean View -- the police chief -- and looked for the exits, even taking a 10% pay cut to get out of Ocean View.