Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, March 19, 2012

Yes He Does! 5 Ways Obama Controls Gas Prices

A plumpish girl making pizzas behind a counter methodically spreads red sauce on a circle of dough as she vents loudly to the cashier: “Do you drink soda pop? No? Well, I do. They say that pop makes you gain weight. I always gain weight from stress and I’m so stressed out. I don’t have enough money. I need a car for college and I can’t afford one. And gas is outrageous. It’s like $5! I mean, I could buy a bike for $5!”

A few minutes later, the girl hands me my oven-ready pizza without looking up. She is visibly distraught. I feel bad for her as I walk away thinking, “Thanks for ruining our economy, President Obama.”

Obama claims he doesn’t manipulate gas prices. He told Fox News this month: "You think the president of the United States going into reelection wants gas prices to go up higher? Is that—is there anybody here who thinks that makes a lot of sense?”

I say: “Yes, Mr. President, that makes a lot of sense. Your regulations and unconstitutional executive orders have caused the price of gas to skyrocket. So, you do control gas prices. Want examples? I’ll give you five.”

More

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

If Obama caused gas prices to go up, then Bush must have caused oil to skyrocket close to $150 a barrel as well. If you folks would get off your fox news talking points and the bs the GOP candidates are spewing, you would find the truth for yourself.

Anonymous said...

My sentiments exactly Anon 7:00!

Fruitland Generic Citizen said...

You do realize we're exporting more gasoline now than at any time in the last 6 years, right? Pres. Obama didn't cause this - greedy oil companies shipping AMERICAN gasoline overseas did!

Anonymous said...

If a barrel of oil was $150 under Bush and gas was about $3.85/gal locally....and now a barrel of oil costs $107 and a gallon of gas is $3.75 locally...somebody enlighten me...the math just doesn't add up.

Anonymous said...

The generic citizens don't get economics. Plain and simple the greedy oil companies are going to sell to whom ever is buying( like say China)thus the need for more production. Thats where Mr Obama comes in. By shutting down drilling in the gulf and slowing the permits to drill down is causing the shortage in oil for futures to rise. He would rather you pay for $25 dollar a gallon algea fuel for your car.