Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Paul Ryan: I'd "Consider" Vice Presidential Run

Republican Congressman Paul Ryan left the door open Sunday to running as the GOP's vice presidential candidate, telling CBS' "Face the Nation" that he'd "consider it" if asked.

Ryan, speaking with CBS News' Norah O'Donnell, initially said he was "so focused" on his current job at the moment that a vice presidential bid was "something I'm not even considering right now."

When pressed, however, Ryan said he would "consider" taking the job if asked.

"It's just something I'm not even considering right now," the Wisconsin Republican told O'Donnell initially. "I'm so focused on my job in Congress. If I wanted to be president or vice president so badly I would have run for president. I don't - so I didn't.

More

No comments: