Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, January 13, 2012

Poll: 43 Percent Of People Think Tebow’s Success Is Due To Divine Intervention … Including 54 Percent Of Republicans


So it’s come to our attention that you’ve been taking this Tebow-divine intervention thing seriously all this time? Sigh.
Noticing a Tebowing craze that’s swept the world and the fact that the Broncos are still alive in the playoffs, the folks at the survey company Poll Position decided to find out exactly how many folks thinkthat Tebow’s success is indeed due to the Lord’s intervention. Their findings.

5 comments:

The Prophet said...

"And on the seventh day he rested, until Tim Tebow began playing football, at which time his most challenging act of all... getting him to the NFL playoffs." I remember that in the bible, duh.

Anonymous said...

I am a Christian, however this kid of nonsense really bothers me. Let's look at a couple simple things. There are Christians on the opposing teams. Does God dislike them? Does he favor Tebow over them? What about the last 3 games of the season, when the Broncos lost. Was God mad at Tebow? Did Christians on the other team please God more those weeks?
If Tebow's success can be attributed to divine intervention, wouldn't he have won EVERY week. When the streak ends, what will that mean? That God found someone else to help?
God gave us brains and intelligence. Please use both.

The Prophet said...

Everyone with half a brain knows that God is a Saints fan... I mean, come on, they are THE SAINTS.

Anonymous said...

I love the way pro athletes say "I'd like to give all my thanks to my lord and savior Jesus Christ"just after they've pulverized an opponent.Tim certainly has god given abilities.I'm not knowledgeable on football,but I love watching it.Has there ever been a rookie this good?

Anonymous said...

@4:47 - He isn't that good. He can scramble, that is about it.