Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, January 13, 2012

MIT Climate Scientist's Wife Threatened In A "Frenzy of Hate"

Kerry Emanuel's inbox was flooded with menacing emails after Climate Desk's video on Republican Climate Hawks.

Prominent M.I.T. researcher Kerry Emanuel has been receiving an unprecedented "frenzy of hate" after a video featuring an interview with him was published last week by Climate Desk.

Emails contained "veiled threats against my wife," and other "tangible threats," Emanuel, a highly-regarded atmospheric scientist and director of M.I.T.'s Atmospheres, Oceans and Climate program, said in an interview. "They were vile, these emails. They were the kind of emails nobody would like to receive."
"What was a little bit new about it was dragging family members into it and feeling that my family might be under threat, so naturally I didn't feel very good about that at all," Emanuel said. "I thought it was low to drag somebody's spouse into arguments like this."

No comments: