Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Free Credit Information That's Positively 100 Percent Free

Most offers for “free” financial information come with strings attached. Usually that means automatic enrollment in some sort of ongoing service. That’s why they want your credit card number. This disclaimer is normally tucked in the fine print, so it’s easy to miss.

The following free offers are truly free — with no hidden charges or fees.

Free credit monitoring
Millions of Americans spend $100 or more a year for credit monitoring to guard against possible identity theft.

More

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mr. Albero, thanks for the post. It was very helpful and I am pleased!

Anonymous said...

I use quizzle and can check my credit every 6 months from all 3 credit reporting agencies. It's also free. I get emails from them maybe twice a month but no other spam.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting Joe. I like to pull my credit reports every now and then.
I will say though that Equifax is pretty much worthless. They didn't show my married name even though I've been married for two years now and they also didn't show our mortgage, which is also two years old. Interesting.
The other two reports, Experian and Transunion were up to date on everything.
I was happy to see everything was accurate and my credit score is still way up there too, almost 900!
It pays not to be buried in debt!