Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

A Comment Worthy Of A Post 11-16-11



"Is this MD or DE? Mr. Albero, do you live in MD or DE and how do you feel about this election?"


Let me start by start by saying I live in Delaware. Mind you, my property is directly on Rt. 54 and on the south side of 54. However, there's a hump in Rt. 54 that allows my property to be in Delaware. A stones throw away, (believe it or not) is Salisbury.


This race was a Maryland race for Mayor and Commissioners.


How do I feel about this election and the end results, absolutely fantastic. The residents of Delmar have NO CLUE what lies ahead of them. Because I have been asked by certain people, (none candidates) to keep quiet about what the future holds for Delmar, I have done so and will continue to do so. However, I can tell you there's a great future ahead in Delmar and the right people needed to be in Office in order to move forward with such progress.


What you will see is every single one of the candidates that I supported will in fact be in Office. Tom "Bunky" Luffman will be appointed to Carl's former commissioner's seat.


The fact that there was a record turn out in voters says a lot about the community. There's a select few, (ONE) people who once again did everything they could to stir the pot, making false claims on the Internet about the candidates I supported and once again they failed. In fact, some Bloggers came out last night, acting like they liked my candidates all of a sudden. The writing was on the wall and they got smacked in the face once again.


Its unfortunate these anti bloggers only do what they do because its the opposite of whatever Joe Albero says. If we say the sky is blue they'll call me a liar, say its green and then slam my Wife or Family along the way.


More importantly, once again, we have proven they are insignificant anyway because people know they are liars. The landslide results for Mayor clearly prove my point. Come on now, Carl Anderton got 118 and Hitchens got 39. HELLO! AND Hitchens is a nice guy to boot.


Tom McGuire HURT Hitchens in a very BIG way, just as Taylor has hurt candidates like Joel Todd and others.


Now, all that being said, Anderton, Gibb and Luffman ran a perfectly clean race, even with certain Bloggers personally attacking them. Heck Folks, these Bloggers were telling them their children were going to get beat up in school, their wives would be called whores and they might even get their homes burned down and this is the truth.


Rather than being "reactive" they remained proactive and ignored these Bloggers. In the end they won and did so in a very big way. Therefore I am very proud of all of them. Salisbury continues to set a very poor example of how politics shouldn't be. Barrie Tilghman was a bully along with her former administration. Unfortunately nothing much has changed. Delmar, (on the other hand) has proven they are first class citizens who agree to disagree at times and the newly elected officials will continue to work with the Delaware side and the citizens.


Great things are about to happen and I look forward to covering it from either my home in Delmar or my office in Salisbury.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My wife and I are moving back to Delmar DE. I hope that the MD side will continue to work with the DE side. As you said Joe Delmar is a quality place to live.

Anonymous said...

Can you continue to live in DE and run for office in Wicomico or Salisbury?