Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, August 19, 2011

Attorney Suing Airline for Not Accepting Cash

Once upon a time, cash was king. But more and more technology has tied purchasing power to credit and debit cards for their ease of use. Smartphones are even beginning to play a part in the credit-card payment business with ventures like Square, started by Twitter co-founder Jack Dorsey, which allows anyone with a smartphone and the mini card-reader to accept plastic.

While some find these prospects exciting, New Jersey lawyer Michael Rosen thinks that credit and debit cards shouldn’t be the only form of acceptable payment. And to show his displeasure, he’s suing Continental Airlines for refusing to accept his cash aboard a 10-hour flight from Hawaii to New York.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Link doesn't work.

Anonymous said...

He's absolutely right, however I tried to rent a car back in the '70's with cash, and was told that I must use a credit card so I could be traced in case I didn't return the car. Probably the first beginnings of what is now Homeland "security". (pat me down, please)I would think that cash with I.D. should be acceptable payment, but I would prefer silver and gold...

Anonymous said...

The government is slowely working everyone off cash.
When you wealth is just numbers in an account, someone can just push a button and make it disappear

Anonymous said...

Airline staff are such primadonna's. Especially flight attendants.

TSA agents are just power hungry Lil napoleons.

I don't fly anymore than I have to because of this.