Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, June 09, 2011

Critical Holes In Windows, IE, MS Office

This months’ batch of security patches from Microsoft will be a huge one:  16 bulletins covering a wide range of security holes in the Windows operating system.

Nine of the 16 bulletins are rated “critical” because of the risk of remote code execution attack.


According to an advance notice from the Redmond, Wash. software maker, two of the critical bulletins will address high-severity vulnerabilities in the Internet Explorer browser.

More

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's why I use Firefox in instead of IE.

Anonymous said...

Actually Firefox is the most insecure of the latest version of the 5 major browsers.

Chrome 10 is most secure, followed by IE9.

As far as speed Chrome, Opera, IE9 are the top 3.

Firefox is a has-been, falling behind is security, speed and usage. Especially with HTML5 and CSS3 on the way.

I personally have never liked Firefox, I don't like the order in which it renders pages, I don't like how slow it seems loading pages, I don't like the fonts, and I most of all don't like the idiots who think "ooh I run Firefox I can't get viruses"

Anonymous said...

Glad I don't use IE ....

Anonymous said...

I have used Firefox for 10 years and only had viruses 1) when I used IE, and 2) usually when I was dumb enough to ask for them (pork sites)

Anonymous said...

I used Firefox for about a year. Two times when they updated the program, they crashed my computer.
I will never use Firefox again.
I'll take my chances with IE. Since I run my antivirus and malware programs and keep them updated daily, I don't have problems.
Most of the time when people get infected, they've clicked on something unknown to them and they're not protected. If you're not protected, I don't care which browser you use, they'll get ya!

Anonymous said...

I have been using Chrome for quite awhile now. Hands down better than Firefox.

Anonymous said...

Apple!!! All I need to say