Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, May 06, 2011

Troopers On Scene Of Fatal Motor Vehicle Crash

Location: I-495 northbound near Philadelphia Pike, Claymont
Date of Occurrence: Friday, May 06, 2011 at approximately 8:55 a.m.
Resume:   
Claymont- The Delaware State Police are currently at the scene of a fatal motor vehicle crash that occurred a short time ago on I-495 in Claymont. Initial indication is that one person has died.
Northbound I-495 is closed in the area of the crash and commuters should find alternate routes around the scene.
More information will be released as it is received.

***UPDATED INFORMATION***
The right hand travel lane of I-495 northbound is open at the scene of the crash. The center and left hand lanes remain closed and the speed on I-495 has been reduced to 55 mph. Commuters should continue to find alternate means of travel around the accident scene.
 
***SECOND UPDATE***
 
I- 495 has been completely opened in both directions and the posted speed limit is again 65 mph. This crash remains under investigation at this time.
 
Released Friday, May 06, 2011 at 11:20 a.m.

No comments: