Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Vietnam Wall

First click on a state.  When it opens, scroll down to the city and the names will appear.  Then click on their names.  It should show you a picture of the person, or at least his or her bio and medals.
This really is an amazing Web site. 
I hope that everyone who receives this appreciates what those who served in  Vietnam sacrificed for our country.
The link below is a virtual wall of all those lost during the Vietnam war with the names, biographies and other information on our lost heroes.  Those who remember that time frame, or perhaps lost friends or family, can look them up on this site.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is awesome, I found a relative. I was checking other surnames, at least 20 of them and each of them was 19 or 20 years old. I believe the average age was 19.

Chris Barnes said...

My brother, Barrie Barnes, was the first Wicomico County soldier to be killed in Viet Nam on May 6, 1966. He was only 19 and was a 1964graduate of Wicomico Senior High School. He received the Silver Star but it is not listed, so I will do some work and send proof of the award to make the memorial page accurate.

My father was Bob Barnes, a local businessman in Salisbury. Dad is no longer wth us - but he NEVER got over Barrie's death.

I am a patriot and believe in a strong defense. But, I often ask myself, was he killed in vain as we extinguished 58,000 lives with nothing but disgrace to show for it. Thank you President Kennedy and President Johnson for a poorly fought war (political) that led so many young people to their deaths.

Anonymous said...

This is a good service but it also made me sad. My cousin was only 20 when he was killed.