Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Verizon Wireless May Follow AT&T, Drop Unlimited Data Plans

When Verizon Wireless begins to introduce plans for its next generation data network later this year, don't expect to see any all-you-can-eat unlimited offerings. In an interview with BusinessWeek, the company's CFO said the company will likely have to change how it bills for data consumption as more data-hungry smartphones and apps enter the marketplace--and that means tiered data plans similar to the ones AT&T has introduced to help control data consumption.

More »

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea and I'll drop verizon !

Anonymous said...

nnnooooooo, i love my unlimited plan!

Anonymous said...

...and then I will DROP Verizon!!!

Anonymous said...

At&t has unlimated data.

Anonymous said...

They suck anyway! my bill is NEVER under $200 a month. I will drop them. Boost mobile has unlimited everything for like $60 bux a month. Prob cant get signal around here with them... UGHH!!

Anonymous said...

10:32 att$t dropped thier unlimited data months ago. you can no longer get that plan. your in for a suprise when you get a new phone

Anonymous said...

No major wireless company is going to continue to offer unlimited data plans.

Anonymous said...

I do not want to see the day when you can't get a cell phone for talk and text, you have to get a data plan. I, personally, don't use the internet except at home. The day is coming, though.

Anonymous said...

I for one am thrilled..... I would never need an unlimited data plan, but could benefit from a reasonable plan rate and a new phone. It's the one reason I haven't upgraded my phone yet - I don't need/want to pay $30.00 month for something I won't use!

Anonymous said...

Yep I'll drop verizon too. This is one of the reasons why I got my blackberry.