Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, February 16, 2009

Most Recent Update On Fruitland's Doris Smith

Last week Doris Smith was struck by a truck while walking into the Fruitland Post Office. Her condition was critical and still is but she was stable enough to make the flight from PRMC to the University of Maryland Shock Trauma Hospital today. She has made it past the critical 72 hour mark and things are looking up for Doris but she has a very long recovery ahead of her. Your continued thoughts and prayers are greatly appreciated.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

TY Joe for the updates. I hope the man in this terrible accident knows that it WAS an accident. My prayers continue to go out to both of these people.

Anonymous said...

Im glad she is doing better, stuff happens, I dont know the details, but stuff happens.

Anonymous said...

I work at prmc and I visited Doris the day after her accident. She was in the ICU and she was awake and I spoke to her briefly. she was unable to talk but she did motion with her head as I spoke to her.I told her everyone was praying for her and I personally thought this was a good sign for someone who had been through what she had been through. Everybody continue to pray for Doris!!! :)

Unknown said...

Yes, seeing all the great wishes for the family is greatly appreciated. Knowing she has passed the 72 hours mark is always a great sign. NJ nephew

Anonymous said...

Any more updates on Doris? I'm glad to hear she has made it through the airlift to the new hospital

joe albero said...

I have no new updates.