Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Question of the Day, Wed 7/2 - Did You Know?

Today's brought to you by Melissa Malone:

FREECYCLE - DID YOU KNOW?

Did you know that there is a website out there called Freecycle that you can get things for free. Just go to Freecycle.org and sign up in your area or surrounding area. Sussexcountyfreecycle, worcestercounty freecycle, salisbury freecycle. You sign up and can receive emails daily from everyone offering to give something away that they have for free. You may also request things that you may be looking for. The reason for freecycle is to try to eliminate things going to the landfills. We received a 13" color tv with vcr for free to put in our camper. Works great!! We have also given away all leftover items from our yard sales. The rule is that you CAN NOT collect things from freecycle and sell them. You can only give them away.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a great site. I've gotten a gaming computer and a large fish tank. I was also able to a give a digital camera to someone who couldn't afford one but really needed it. So, you find blessings both ways.

Wymzie said...

Freecycle Rocks!!!

We got a hot tub!

Anonymous said...

I've had a sour taste in my mouth from that site...too many greedy people, who will jump all over you. The admins on the salisbury one are too restrictive on the topic lines, and they allow potentially dangerous products to be list despite being warned of the dangers. I was a registered member, but I dropped. On the same yahoo groups, there is SalisburyCommunity and saletradefreesalisbury. I have had much better success than the other site, and the admins are much less restrictive on posting syntax.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous said...
I've had a sour taste in my mouth from that site...too many greedy people, who will jump all over you.
8:59 AM

I joined the site and had been on there a couple of months and haven't recieved anything yet. I see when the emails come to my box and I am online and go right to it and email them back to say that I will take it and never get it. What happens is that the first person to respond is the last email that is read the the offerer's(if that is a word)in box. In other words the last person to respond to the email is the first email read and they get the offer.

I have also had people offer you things and turn around and give it to someone else because you didn't get there immediately. I offered a fairly new ceiling fan to someone and one guy said he will pick it up. I sent an email telling him I would put it in the front yard for him to pick up because I had to go to work and he emailed me back telling me "never mind you can get someone else to pick up your litter out of your yard." I thought I was doing him a favor and just through the fan in the dumpster. There are some real assholes on the list. There are also some people on there that uses the list to get rid of their "junk" so they don't have to pay someone to pick it up. I am serious I have seen some junk that people try to unload on you. The site sucks and I am no longer a subscriber.