Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Is the Daily Times being used as a tool to get even?

I've been trying to go to settlement on an investment property for a long time now and we just can't get it to happen. The financing is set and everything is in place........ except for one thing. The way it was explained to me, the legal advertising section of the Daily Times has failed to get the proper paperwork to the court certifying that the advertisement ran in the paper as required by law. I was advised that the person in charge of this section is none other than Shanie Shields. It gets better. I was told told that while my atty. was asking the clerk about the hold up, the clerk called Shanie and asked about the paperwork and Shanie advised the clerk that she would personally deliver the paperwork. That apparently never happened. It gets better yet. A couple of days later my atty. went back to the clerks office after making several phone calls to the atty. who handled the foreclosure. As fate would have it, when my atty got there, the atty handling the foreclosure was also there and was slightly irritated by the fact that the proper paperwork had not been sent by the Daily Times. Much to my atty's. surprise he learned that the atty. handling this foreclosure is the same atty who handled Shanies foreclosure. That leaves me with a few questions. Did Shanie run the legal ad for the forclosure of her own house? If so, did she make a mental note of the atty. handling her forclosure? Did she notice that this foreclosure was being handled by the same atty that handled hers? If so, did she purposely withold the certification from the court to "punish" the atty? I don't know the answer to these questions but I certainly have my suspicions. Don't you?

Oh..... I do have another question. WHERE IN THE HELL IS THE CERTIFICATION, DAILY TIMES?!?! Maybe this is one of the reasons their stock is plummeting.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You don't really expect Shanie to do any real work do you?

Anonymous said...

no it's not you...others have had certification and legal ad issues...just ask around

Anonymous said...

I believe it was at one of the Council audit meetings that Shanie spoke up for Pam Oland. She was defending everything being late, not being done timely, if at all. Shanie sat at the dais and said "Sometimes an ad comes in and I just don't get it done, whatcha gonna do, you don't have time, you jes doan have time". Two worthless peas in a pod.

In other words...tough titty, she didn't have time and she's not going to worry about it. As long as she sits on that council, she'll have a job. As long as she is doing the bidding of her massuhs (Barrie and SAPOA), she'll have a job.

Bob said...

Anon 9:48....

I didn't think it was me - but it amazes me that this kind of thing can routinely slip through their fingers.

Think about this. Newspapers routinely not delivered. Photo's so blurry you can barely make them out. Legal ads not being certified in a timely manner. Sounds like a Newspaper Company just getting started rather than one which has been in existence for asubstantial period of time.

Anonymous said...

We have been a couple of months now without The Daily Times, and guess what? WE DON"T MISS IT A BIT!!
farm boy