Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, March 21, 2020

Berlin man needs kidney donation

Berlin resident Nick Morris, 74, is in dire need of a kidney transplant and is searching for an O-positive donor in the area.

Morris has been a resident of Worcester County since 1975, and has been an English teacher, college instructor, long-time employee of the Alaska Stand, and lifeguard for the Ocean City Beach Patrol, Assateague Island National Seashore and Ocean Pines.

Two years ago, Morris was diagnosed with an enlarged prostate, which in turn caused his kidneys to fail. He has been waiting for a kidney transplant since January 2019.

Since his diagnosis, he noticed his energy levels dropping.

“My levels go up and down, up and down [and then] I have to come to grips mentally with this [condition] that you’ve got to monitor all the time.” Morris said. “There are days when I’ll start out and never quite feel as if I am really ever at 100 percent. I start out at a lower level and then by the end of the day, I’m done.

“Some days I ask myself, ‘Is this a sign that I should go right to the doctor,’” he continued.

More

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

According to new CDC guidelines he is too old for any lifesaving help, including ventilators, and transplants.

Anonymous said...

What is the age limit for donating?

Anonymous said...

CDC sucks sometimes...and remember that Obamacare high ranking official that wanted to deny lungs to the 12 year old? Screw that too

Anonymous said...

At 74 years of age...!!?