Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, January 16, 2020

What is an Atmos Clock?

Imagine a device you use every day, whether that’s a remote control, an electric toothbrush or your smartphone.

Now imagine you never had to change or charge up the batteries. How freeing would that be?

Our toothbrushes would never fizzle out, our smartphones would never hit 0 percent and that beeping from the smoke detector would stop.

In the watch world, we think of watches without batteries simply as automatics. They wind by movement from your wrist and arm throughout the day. The Atmos clock, however, doesn’t need movement from a human and surely doesn’t require a battery.

More here

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have three Citizen Eco drives and 2 G-Shocks that are solar powered.

Anonymous said...

I agree on the eco drive - I have one as well - the things just never fail, never needs a battery - great

Anonymous said...

I have 2 windmill watches I wear on my registered wrists