Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, December 17, 2019

‘This Will Protect Criminals’: Homeland Security Blasts New York Law Allowing Illegal Aliens To Get Driver’s Licenses

The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) rebuked a New York law that took effect on Monday allowing illegal aliens to obtain driver’s licenses.

The state’s “Green Light” bill, which Democratic New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo signed in June, makes it possible to apply for a driver’s license without a Social Security number, and makes foreign documentation valid for the purpose of obtaining a license.

“This will protect criminals at the expense of the safety and security of law-abiding New York residents,” a DHS spokesman said in a statement Monday evening.

More

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maryland does too! Keep cheering!

Anonymous said...

Well the only way to stop this idiot crap is arrest the fools that passed the law.

Anonymous said...

But yet i need to have 3 forms of Id for my real id in MD. I need to prove im a resident and a citizen..WTF

TheRealRay said...

Delaware has been doing this for a few years now... illegal criminal hispanics...wtf...

Anonymous said...

How does these illegals get a "real ID"? Amazing they cannot get into government buildings, so I guess they will never show up to court for criminal prosecution. Another Democrat ploy to put them on voter list, so they, as a foreign illegal non-US citizen from a foreign country, can influence US elections

Anonymous said...

Make it ILLEGAL ALL 50 states period !!!
Illegals should get "0" Nada - Nothing !!! Go Back !!!

Anonymous said...

Hogan is a sell out to conservatives. Maryland also sells our confidential information against our will, since we do not authorize it. I will sue MD if my identity ever gets stolen. This is another reason we get a lot of email junk and robo / scam calls.

Anonymous said...

Due to a completely bogus administrative situation - one that is difficult and expensive for me to rectify - I have not been able to drive (legally) for the past four months.
(Zero points on my driving record. Never got more than a speeding ticket in my life.)
I'm 73 years old and a Viet vet. To take care of this problem would take most of my savings. My life has changed because of not having a license.
So now I hear that people that are here illegally can easily obtain a license.
To tell the truth, to sadly tell the truth, I've pretty much lost my faith in this once-great country.

Anonymous said...

Real Americans better Wake the Hell Up & straighten out
ALL of the damn GOVT at ALL levels !!!!!

Anonymous said...

Won't that be nice when > one of them runs into YOUR car !!

& has NO insurance !!!! Then Sue the Govt & make them Pay !!

Cracker said...

It's a sad and bad time 7:06, I agree with you 100%. When my valid MD drivers license expires I guess I will be driving illegally too. MVA has had all the information they need for me since 1970, but if there is something else they need, I'm sure they have the ability to retrieve it on their own.