Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, July 02, 2019

We Gave Maple the Cat CBD for Seizures. Here’s What Happened

There’s a lot of conflicting information out there about treating pets with cannabidiol (CBD) oil.

As journalist and pet owner I was skeptical about giving CBD to animals.

There are few studies to consult. Most of the information is anecdotal. But recently when Maple, my family’s very old house cat, began to have seizures we decided to try a CBD treatment. My information is anecdotal, too, but maybe it’ll help you inform your own decision about whether the treatment is right for your cat. Here’s how it went for us.

More

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I take CBD myself, one our dogs started having a hip problem and I got the Pet CBD oil for him , he is doing terrific....I put the drops on a chicken stick snack, let it soak in and give it to him.... no fussing. I started with CBD from a company that I didn't investigate before hand, I thought they were all the same...very wrong. I am now with Prime Sunshine, which is pure, they grow their own , no import blending. I can tell a difference.

Anonymous said...

New studies are showing CBD can cause increased Enzymes in the liver and Liver damage. It's becoming suggested more, if you use this product. you are getting blood tests at least in the first year or so to see if you have any changes in liver function.
CBD has not been approved by the FDA, now really tested at all. It has very little knowledge about it's effects on the human body and organs.
Liver damage was shown to occur in mice and other trials by outside agencies.

Anonymous said...

DEVILS LETTUCE!

Anonymous said...

Our dogs' mobility have improved greatly since starting CBD on their dog biscuits. One is diabetic, & now uses less Vetsulin & cataracts have lessened.

Anonymous said...

8:48--
So do any pain meds available for dogs; you have to have a test done now, every 6 months to keep prescription. I'd rather go with a natural approach when possible.

Anonymous said...

9:58--
Stop watching Reefer Madness! A bunch of lies concocted to demonize the black community.

Anonymous said...

My daughter takes CBD oil to help with seizures. Her enzymes are already being monitored because of the potent anit-seizure meds she is prescribed, which is way more likely to cause liver issues. Why not go natural? Much lower risks than big pharm!