Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, June 28, 2019

Survey: Two out of Three American Employees Regret Their College Degrees

According to a recently released survey, two-thirds of employees admitted to having regrets about their higher education, specifically when it came to the high cost of college, as well as the area of study. Student loans represented the largest source of regret across all demographic categories.

The vast majority of those with a bachelor degree regret some aspect of their education, according to a PayScale survey released on Tuesday. The survey results also found that the two most common regrets pertained to high cost of higher education, and the individual’s choice in major.

“By far the most common regret reported was student loans,” reported PayScale, “No matter how we cut the data, student loans was the number one regret reported. After this, the most common regret was area of study, but this varied greatly by major. Those who majored in technical or high-earnings fields had the lowest rates of saying they regretted their field of study.”

More

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That’s what happens when you subsidize your party time with free money and earn a degree in tennis.

Jersey boy said...

2 out of 3 picked the wrong major. The majority of young people go to college to get out of the house and have their parents pay for the partying.
LETS BE HONEST

Anonymous said...

Absolutely. I believe only a small percentage end up working what they majored in like the art le states. Some majors are just to get a degree. My friend has a home economics (cooking, cleaning) degree but was an officer for a major bank. Did hurt she was pretty. Not jealous I did just fine if not better and I have slHigh School degree. I make a hell alot more money. No student loans either. There are jobs out there that are good paying without that expensive piece of paper.

Anonymous said...

I got an advanced degree with no loans using the GI Bill, working my tail off and scratching for scholarships so that I could make more money in my chosen field, which has lots of people working for a lot less. I was the first person to go to and graduate from college in my family and made four times what my parents did, both of them working company jobs.
I guess I'm one of the one third.

Anonymous said...

2 out of 3 college degrees are worthless!

Colleges and Universities are creating more and more degrees that mean nothing.

A B.S. in mechanical engineering will always be of value. A B.A. in sociology won't buy you a cup of coffee.