Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Study: 'Phone Addicts' Have Become the New Drunk Drivers

A new study has concluded phone addicts are the new drunk drivers.

The study was conducted by Zendrive and detailed in a report by Axios.

"Last year, 6,227 pedestrians lost their lives to the hands of drivers who were most likely driving under the influence of a smartphone," the study said. "On a national level, drivers are 10 percent more distracted this year than last. And from out under the shadows, phone addicts have positioned themselves as public enemy number one, replacing drunk drivers as the ultimate threat on public roads."

It noted "phone addicts are glued to their phones, so they are more districted, more dangerous and more likely to cause a crash."


More

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where are MADD ??????
M OTHERS
A GAINST
D ISTRACTED
D RIVERS

LOL

Anonymous said...

The idiots couldn't drive to begin with. If you can't drive and text or drive and chat, then you probably shouldn't be driving to begin with. Phones are just another target for the "it's-not-MY-fault" mentality.

Anonymous said...

Facebook, Google, Modern Smart Phones. Technology this would doesn't need and should never have come to be.

Anonymous said...

I can honestly say I never use my cellphone while I drive. It can wait until I get to my destination. I've kept track of the number of near accidents because of cell phone use so far this year - 77. I have them recorded on my dash cam as proof. It's a part of the new arrogance mentality.