Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, January 18, 2019

7 Big Takeaways From William Barr's AG Confirmation Hearing

William Barr told the Senate Judiciary Committee he wouldn’t be intimidated by anyone, including President Donald Trump, who nominated him to serve as attorney general.

“I am not going to do anything that I think is wrong, and I will not be bullied into doing anything I think is wrong. By anybody. Whether it be editorial boards, or Congress, or the president,” Barr said Tuesday in response to questions by Sen. Dick Durbin, D-Ill.

“I’m going to do what I think is right,” he said.

Barr testified all day before the Senate committee, talking about issues ranging from abortion and the First Amendment to Hillary Clinton and the controversial Uranium One deal.

More

No comments: