Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, December 28, 2018

Las Vegas judge is charged with domestic battery for allegedly assaulting her 19-year-old son

A judge in Las Vegas has been charged with domestic battery for allegedly punching her 18-year-old son in the mouth.

Clark County District Judge Stefany Miley, 47, was arrested on Saturday evening after the incident, which occurred at about 6.45pm in a residential area near downtown Summerlin, a suburb of Las Vegas, police said.

At 7.06pm, the teen boy sent a frantic text message to his father, who is in the midst of a divorce battle with Miley, according to the father's lawyer.

'Call me now,' the message read, according to the Las Vegas Review-Journal.

It continued: 'I need help. Mom punched me in the mouth and hit me in the head while I was driving. I (am) bleeding and need you to pick me up. She started screaming around the neighbors and tried falling on me to make it look like I was hurting her.'

More

No comments: