Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, September 06, 2018

Human Rights Alert: Woman Files Discrimination Complaint For Right To Work Braless

A Canadian woman has filed a human rights complaint claiming her previous employer, the Osoyoos Golf Club, discriminated against her with a requirement that all female staff wear a bra, reports the CBC.

"It's gender-based and that's why it's a human rights issue," she said. "I have nipples and so do the men."

However, some braless women feel discomfort when managers mandate they must wear one in the workplace — a rule that could be deemed discriminatory, because it only applies to one gender.

"It's unnecessary," said Kate Gosek who works as a cook at McDonald's in Selkirk, Man. The 19-year-old says several managers recently harassed her about not wearing a bra, including one who prodded her shoulder in search of one.

"She just told me that I should put on a bra because, McDonald's — we are a polite restaurant and no one needs to see that." -CBC

More

6 comments:

SomersetLady said...

It would be a human rights issue for others to have to see me NOT wearing a bra. And even I know that.

Many people have NO self awareness...as is evidenced by what I see in Wal-Mart all the time.

Anonymous1 said...

Typical idiotic feminist women. Side note: I'm a woman.

One, let's pretend women are not different than men. (Not better or worse, just different.)
Two, I know the rules but I don't want to follow them or they don't apply to me... ("Women must wear either a tank top or bra under their uniform shirt.")

Anonymous said...

As long as they don't mind the comments and stares from idiots and a-holes of both sexes I see nothing wrong with it. You can't sue the general public for their nasty and derogatory comments so it would be a matter of having to put up with it and not get smart or nasty back because then the company would have a right to terminate your employment.

Anonymous said...

sounds like an equal rights issue to me, if men aren`t required to wear under garments at work then why should women be required to wear them?

Anonymous said...

no. not equal rights. There is an inherent and biological distinction between men and women that means that equal rules cannot apply in all circumstances.

Anonymous said...

8:23 is right ! So is 8:56, yes I am a woman also. People need to stop pretending that both sexes are the same. Biological differences are obvious. It doesn't mean you are being discriminated against, Sheesh! My momma would have slapped the crap out of me! Ladies, Ladies, Ladies, please act like ladies!You are not Men!