Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, August 31, 2018

Scam Alert

Joe,

My wife just received an envelope in Priority 2 Day mail from Carl Caldeira in Hayward, CA, containing a check for $2,294.00, to be used as a Walmart 2 Walmart Mystry Shopper. There was a slip of paper with all kinds of instructions, first of which was to deposit the check in to her bank account, then email or call a Rick Walter so he could activate the check. There were several other instructions to be followed. I called the Delaware State Police Barracks in Georgetown, DE to report this and the Trooper that answered asked if she had lost any money. When I told him no he told to don't worry about and just teat it up and throw it in the trash. Taking this advice I ran the check and the istruction letter through my shredder, which now I wish I hadn't done. I'm sending this so other people will be aware and on the look out.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the heads up,but I've been there and done that.These people don't quit.

Anonymous said...

Just teat it up!

Anonymous said...

On another postal service topic, I got a package on Monday that was postmarked June 8.

Tayquane said...

I deposited mine last week and it was real.

Anonymous said...

7:38
You are hilarious!

Anonymous said...

So is 11:08