Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, July 13, 2018

Caught on Camera: Tedra Cobb Tells Supporters She Wants Assault Rifle Ban But 'Cannot Say That' in Public

Upstate Dem a gun grabber at heart: 'I said they should be banned and I just said to her, I want you to know Cindy, I cannot say that'

Tedra Cobb, the Democratic candidate in New York's 21st Congressional District, told a group of teenage supporters that she supports a ban on certain firearms but won't say so publicly for fear of losing her election.

"When I was at this thing today, it was the first table I was at, a woman said, ‘How do you feel about assault rifles?' And I said they should be banned," Cobb can be heard saying in the video recorded by one of the attendees. "And I said, you know, people were getting up to go, to go get their lunch because it was a buffet, and I just said to her, I want you to know Cindy, I cannot say that."

When the woman pushed back on Cobb keeping quiet on how she feels about banning certain firearms, Cobb said coming out in favor of a gun ban would lead to her losing her bid against Republican incumbent Elise Stefanik.

"And she said, ‘Well, I want you to' and I said, ‘I won't win,'" Cobb said. "I said Moms Demand [Action] says, and Tricia Pleau said, ‘Do not say that you want an assault rifle ban because you will not win.'"

More

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go ahead, tell them all you want a Democrat-led gun ban in this Upstate New York district, where Hillary Clinton promised 300,000 jobs to get herself reelected as U.S. senator, but delivered a negative 20,000 during her tenure.
Revolutionary War battles were fought there. A decisive battle of the War of 1812 was fought at the edge of this district. Nobody's taking guns away from these people, and those who want to are not going to get elected to public office.

Anonymous said...

Upstate New York has had its fill of Democrats.

lmclain said...

Which one of them is coming to get them?

Pictures would help....no one wants to waste any ammo......

Oh.
Right.
They always want SOMEONE ELSE to do the heavy lifting.
It's the Democratic way.

It can also be the spark for the next civil war/revolution...