Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Man Claims He Was Asked to Leave Restaurant for Wearing Large Cross

A restaurant based in Indianapolis, Indiana, allegedly asked one of its customers to leave for wearing a necklace containing a large cross.

Jerry Bond, who patronized Kilroy’s Bar N’ Grill with his minister and a few friends, claims a bouncer asked him to remove his cross necklace or leave the restaurant.

“The bouncer comes back over, really bad attitude, [and says] ‘We’re going to ask you to either tuck your necklace, remove it or you have to leave,” Bond told WRAL. “I’m not going to tuck my cross in because of my beliefs. I believe in wearing this cross and what it represents.”

More here

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't even believe this. Some turd looking for a handout in the end by falsely accusing the Grill.

Anonymous said...

Thought the same thing after reading it!

Anonymous said...

I believe someone who goes through all the work of building their own business should have the right to refuse service to anyone they see fit. I think in the case of the baker vs. the gay couple it was ruled that you can refuse if it violates your religion. I am afraid that ruling will cause religions to create exclusionary beliefs. A business owner should not be forced into contract with anyone REGARDLESS of their religious beliefs. I also feel that if you create "protected classes" you will end up with people behaving badly, demanding service and hiding behind their race, religion, gender, ext.
It is also the right of any Christian in this community to boycott the grill if they feel like they are being discriminated against. In today's society if you start turning away customers who don't believe what you do, you will end up out of a business quickly.

Anonymous said...

I would boycott that restaurant until any employees with that attitude lost their jobs. If they wore a Black Lives Matter Tee Shirt I bet they wouldn't be asked to leave, and some tee shirts have even worse things on them.

Anonymous said...

Not wanting equal rights... but wanting special rights.

This isn't oppression, it's outrageous.

The location had a clearly posted dress code, follow it or get out and shut up. Don't patronize the location if you don't agree.

Anonymous said...

I keep hearing about the "large" cross he was wearing, but I haven't seen an actual picture of him and the cross, just a representation of what a person wearing a cross necklace looks like. Maybe he was dressed like Mr.T with a cross as big as his chest hanging on it. The one in that picture is not what I would call a large cross, by any means.