Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, March 09, 2018

Is the Country Music Industry Turning Left?

Former Arkansas governor, presidential candidate and Fox News contributor Mike Huckabee accepted an appointment to the Country Music Association Foundation of directors last week only to resign the next day after receiving a backlash of politically motivated attacks from a number of country music executives for his social views. One of those most critical of Huckabee was the prominent executive Jason Owen, who represents such country artists as Little Big Town, Kacey Musgraves and Faith Hill.

Owens, who is a practicing homosexual and is “married” to his partner, blasted the CMA Foundation, writing, “Sandbox and Monument will no longer support the CMA Foundation in any way (this includes everyone we represent collectively) considering the heartbreaking news shared today regarding Mike Huckabee appointee/elected to the CMA Foundation.” He continued, “As you may know I have a child and two on the way. This man has made it clear that my family is not welcome in his America. And the CMA has opened their arms to him, making him feel welcome and relevant.”

In his letter of resignation Huckabee expressed his hurt over being mischaracterized and bemoaned the “intolerance” expressed by those who were critical of his appointment. Writing to the CMA Foundation, Huckabee said, “I have no expectation that it will change the irrational vitriol directed toward you or me for my religious or political views that necessitated my abrupt departure. I want you to know what you would never know by reading intolerant and vicious statements on the internet about who I am or what led me to want to be a part of your efforts to empower kids with the gift of music.” He adds, “Music changed my life. I was never good enough to make a full-time living at music, but the confidence I gained by playing, being in front of people, and competing against myself and the low expectations I grew up with was transformative.”

More

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

After those nasty comments about Governor Huckabee, it's becoming painfully obvious that they are becoming Left Wing Nut Libtards. At least some of them are.

The younger ones and the fag/gay ones are the Libtards. They are brainwashed.

Anonymous said...

Skinny pants millennials and girly men. Our forefathers are turning over in their graves over their countries homos. Democrats ruin everything.

Anonymous said...

CMA wants to Represent inclusivy to all except when you go against the new gay alliance party line and of course have christain values

Anonymous said...

The CMA was awful I'll never watch again.

Alan betts. said...

There is no country music on the radio anymore.

Anonymous said...

Today's country music is a joke. Just some southern version hip hop rappers. Nothing looks more ridiculous than whites trying to immulate gangster rappers.

Anonymous said...

True country music died years ago.

Anonymous said...

Luke Bryan, Now that's a Good Ole'
Country Boy , Allen Jackson too!
I have Great Respect for Both.