Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, March 21, 2018

100-year-old runner, a World War II vet, sets 5 new world track records

A 100-year-old Texas man says he's on “the top of the world” after breaking five world running records for his age group during a championship meet in Maryland last weekend.

Orville Rogers, a Dallas resident who trained bomber pilots during World War II, is proof age is just a number after his record-setting performances at the USATF Master Indoor Track and Field Championships.

“I have a total of 18 world records and I’m very grateful that God has blessed me with the ability and the motivation to run well,” Rogers told Fox & Friends Tuesday.

The centenarian entered his first race when he was 90. He competes in the 100 to 104 age group.

Rogers explained his secret for living to 100.

“I’m a Christian and God promises a long life,” he said. “I have a wonderful wife who died 10 years ago. I have a great family. I have lots of friends and I keep active mentally, physically and spiritually.”

More
http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2018/03/20/100-year-old-runner-world-war-ii-vet-sets-5-new-world-track-records.html

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

PEDs!!

Anonymous said...

Proof you can do anything.

Anonymous said...

If you see ME running, run too. Because something is wrong.