Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, November 18, 2017

Papa John’s Surrendered To The Left This Week

A business owner expressing concern that left-wing activism hurts the company’s earnings is apparently a grave offense nowadays.

Papa John’s issued a lame apology Tuesday after the pizza chain was criticized for its CEO, John Schnatter, claiming the NFL national anthem protests were hurting his company’s sales. Papa John’s is a major sponsor of the football league, and that designation has come with consequences.

“The NFL has hurt us,” Schnatter said during an earnings call earlier this month. “We are disappointed the NFL and its leadership did not resolve this. Leadership starts at the top, and this is an example of poor leadership.”

That simple assertion drew intense criticism from left-wing media outlets and activists.

More

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like PJ's pizza to bad I now have to find somewhere else to get my pizza delivered from. Bunch of cowering morons don't deserve my business.

Anonymous said...

Dominoes is fine with me...

I don't need politics served up with my pizza OR football!