Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, November 30, 2017

Breaking News: Matt Lauer apologized after his firing for sexual misconduct: "There is enough truth in these stories to make me feel embarrassed and ashamed"

Matt Lauer on Thursday expressed “sorrow and regret for the pain I have caused,” a day after NBC News fired the star “Today” show anchor over an allegation of inappropriate sexual behavior.
“Some of what is being said about me is untrue or mischaracterized, but there is enough truth in these stories to make me feel embarrassed and ashamed,” Mr. Lauer wrote in a statement. “I regret that my shame is now shared by the people I cherish dearly.”
“There are no words to express my sorrow and regret for the pain I have caused others by words and actions,” Mr. Lauer wrote. “To the people I have hurt, I am truly sorry. As I am writing this I realize the depth of the damage and disappointment I have left behind at home and at NBC.”
Read More »

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too little too late.

Anonymous said...

He is only sorry because he got caught and was fired as a result of this. Apparently this has been going on for quite a while. This a hole should have been fired years ago.

I've seen this with people in power at corporations where pretty young girls were forced to sleep with their managers to keep their job. This was well known during my working years at a corporation in Cambridge. This is nothing new, and I am certain this is still going on to this day.

I remember one manager back in the eighties fire a young lady because she got pregnant and needed go on maternity leave. She sued them and got her job back and he didn't fired over it.

Anonymous said...

What he is really embarrassed and ashamed of is getting caught.

Anonymous said...

Stupid to Admit it, like the others who did ...They are Done

Should have consulted their Lawyers.....Dummies !!!

Should have took the FIFTH !!! LOL LOL LOL

Anonymous said...

YEARS too late