Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, September 27, 2017

N.Y. stadium worker walks off job of 30 years over national anthem protests

A New York man walked away from his job of almost 30 years at New Era Field after several Buffalo Bills players knelt and others locked arms in protest of President Trump’s remarks on national anthem protests.

“I waited until the National Anthem ended, I took off my shirt, threw my Bills hat on the ground, walked out,” Erich Nikischer told a local NBC affiliate.

Mr. Nikischer said he believes in the right to protest, but that it’s the wrong time to do it during the national anthem.

“The song that is about our country, our veterans that fight and die for us, it’s just something I feel you shouldn’t disrespect that way,” he said. “I believe people have the right to protest; I just don’t believe that’s the proper venue for it.”

Mr. Nikischer said it was a hard decision to leave his job after so many years.

“I will never step foot in the that place again, I will never watch an NFL football game again until this ends,” he said.

More here

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes. ! Run. Take No part (sad) . Kneel no run. Play catch fly. Touch down! ? Why. Kneel sad play. Run ! In zone 10 yards. Hike ! (Papa Johns) go say No to Spon sors. !

Anonymous said...

A true PATRIOT.

Anonymous said...

And this man has every right to make this decision, to quit his job.
But wow, what a consequence he paid.
Gave up his job after working there for 30 years!

I admit that I do not have feelings for this government that are nearly as strong as this man. A man of true conviction.

Kudos to you sir.
I hope you find an even better job and have peace.

Anonymous said...

I'll have what 851pm is drinking PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

1 day until TGIF!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Good for him!