Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, May 22, 2017

Hillary's perfectly crafted untruths

ROSEVILLE, Mich. — After 17 years at the same company, Dawn Wilson has just lost her job.

The petite blond stands in the parking lot of Roseville Towne Center, a strip mall with a Walmart, a Dollar Tree, a jewelry pawn shop and what was Hillary Clinton's campaign office, where a bright yellow sidewalk tent now hawks "Free Cell Phones."

A few people wait to sign up for the phones.

"I've worked there for 17 years. I was on vacation when I got a text from my boss on Good Friday to call him. He told me don't come back to work on Monday, you no longer have a job," Wilson explained.

Of her ability to get another job as a purchaser and customer-service professional, she sounds pragmatic: "I'm confident I'll find something. I am an incredibly hard worker, I have had two job interviews this week, it will happen."

Of her town's fortunes, she sounds blunt: "It was once middle class, now I would call it lower middle class."

More

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent choice right on the money!

Anonymous said...

This is why many employees don't take time off.

Anonymous said...

What ARE you talking about? That's just silly.