Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, April 13, 2017

Mother shares tragic story of losing her child to cancer

In the last moment of his life, with his breathing labored and his right lung collapsed, Nolan Scully was strong enough to open his eyes and smile at his mother.

"I love you mommy," the four-year-old told Ruth Scully, just before he died.

The grieving mother shared that story and the hours leading up to it in an emotional Facebook post last week on her son's "NolanStrong" page, dedicated to chronicling his fight against of Rhabdomyosarcoma, a rare soft-tissue cancer. It has since received more than 600,000 shares and close to a million reactions.

Writing "two months since I've held you in my arms, heard how much you loved me, kissed those sweetie 'pie' lips," the post includes one of their finals conversations and a picture of Nolan on a shower rug "where once a beautiful, perfect little boy laid waiting for his Mommy."

More

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

God bless this mother. I lost my son not long ago and it is crushing. God bless her.

Anonymous said...

Heart wrenching. I hope he is at peace and that somehow his family finds comfort and keeps his memory alive!

Anonymous said...

OMG! That is so sad. I hope God gives her the strength to move on with her life.
I can think of no other thing worse than to have outlived your children. Children are the light of our lives. Watching them play and laugh just brings a smile to our faces. There is no better sound than the sound of a child's laughter.

LadyLIddy said...

So heartbreaking. I pray Nolan's family will find peace as they travel grief's journey.