Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, March 10, 2017

What The Hell Is Going On?

The older I get the less I listen to what people say and the more I look at what they do.”– Andrew Carnegie

I’m 53 years old. The older I get the less sure I am about things I was sure about when I was 25 years old. I believed stocks for the long run was an unquestioned truth. I believed our economy was based on free market capitalism. I believed stock prices were based upon profits and cash flows. I believed a home was a place to live – not an investment. I believed the Catholic Church was run by good men doing good things. I believed journalists and the media were watchdogs working on behalf of the public. I believed our military was protecting our interests. I believed politicians legislated on behalf of the people. I believed the main purpose of bankers was to loan money to businesses and consumers in order to support economic growth. Boy, was I dumbass.

My skeptical nature, reliance on data I’ve personally vetted, and judging our leaders based on what they have done versus what they say, has allowed me to escape the Matrix. I wasn’t truly awakened until I watched Bush, Cheney, Powell, the rest of the neo-con prevaricators and fake news mainstream media utilize propaganda to railroad Americans into a $6 trillion unnecessary war, resulting in 36,000 American casualties, the destruction of a country and the creation of thousands of new Muslim terrorists.

I’ve spent the last fourteen years pushing back against the establishment narrative, documenting the fake data published by government apparatchiks, and trying to open the eyes of as many people as possible to the propaganda utilized by the Deep State to keep the ignorant masses dazed, confused and distracted. The country is in deep trouble because what the majority believe regarding the economy, politics, religion, and culture just ain’t so.

“What gets us into trouble is not what we don’t know. It’s what we know for sure that just ain’t so.” – Mark Twain

More

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A lot of people thought obama was ending the wars in Middle East when elected. Even though in 2016 obama dropped almost 30k bombs in the Middle East most young people didn't know it. Mainstream media never covered it even named it a conflict not a war. Veterans suicide is the highest in the nations history but not covered by mainstream media. I think some are beginning to open their eyes and do their own research. I know I do.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to adulthood.

Anonymous said...

And so goes rome...America is destroying itself with ignorance and gluttony..we will fall if people dont wake up and get back to the morals and values that made us great.