Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, January 04, 2017

Trump expected to pick Sonny Perdue for agriculture secretary

Former Georgia Gov. Sonny Perdue is the leading candidate for secretary of agriculture, according to a report Monday.

Perdue and Trump met in November and Politico reported he is the leading contender for the post.

“I’m interested in helping the country,” Perdue, 70, said after his meeting at Trump Tower.

“I told President-elect Trump that I would be happy to serve from Georgia, where I am very happily living with my wife and 14 grandchildren, or I’d be happy to serve him if he thought I could be helpful to him here in DC.”

More

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

anybody else here what sounded like rifle shots at WalMart north?

Anonymous said...

Police training at the shooting range 12:29.It's almost directly behind WM just across the railroad tracks.