Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, November 14, 2016

Muslim immigrant explains why she voted for Trump

A Muslim woman said Sunday that her viral article explaining why she voted for Donald Trump has angered her liberal pals as well as other Muslims.

Asra Nomani declared herself one of President-elect Donald Trump’s silent supporters in an opinion piece she wrote in the Washington Post Thursday called "I'm a Muslim, a woman and an immigrant. I voted for Trump."

“As you can tell I don’t have horns on my head, right, but nonetheless I am now being [characterized] as a traitor, to my own liberals as an idiot, names that I can’t even repeat on air,” she told "Fox & Friends."

The 51-year-old woman wrote in the Post that she voted for President Obama in 2008 and 2012, but she became a Trump voter over the issue of Islamic terrorism.

“As a liberal Muslim who has experienced, first-hand, Islamic extremism in this world, I have been opposed to the decision by President Obama and the Democratic Party to tap dance around the ‘Islam’ in Islamic State,” she wrote.

Nomani told "Fox & Friends" she knows Trump is not an Islamaphobic or a racist or a bigot.

“He is insensitive at times with what he says and his proposals are tough, but they reflect a reality of concern people have about an issue that’s killing people from Orlando to Paris,” she said.

More

No comments: